If you have your own custom-built application or content management system you can use our WebHooks distribution feature to integrate your system with Tout.
Step 1: Customize your Application or Content Management System
(Forward this information to your technology or application development team)
- Set-up or modify your existing application or content management system to receive incoming requests from Tout. You must be able to receive incoming HTTP POST requests using the http or https protocol.
- The message sent by Tout will be a JSON-encoded string on the request body. This message will have the following structure:
“name”: “Tout Title”,
“description”: “Tout Description”,
“video_privacy”: “Tout Privacy”,
“Tout_video_uid”: “Tout Unique Identifier”
- You are responsible for securing the communication between Tout and your system. Securing the communication can be accomplished by using the https protocol and/or restricting your system to only receive incoming messages from the *.Tout.com domain namespace.
- Provide the URL on which you will receive incoming requests to the person responsible for configuring the integration in the Tout system.
Step 2: Set-Up Integration at partner.tout.com
- Sign in to partner.tout.com with Admin email and password
- Click “Distribution” (left navigation)
- Find “Webhooks” and enter Custom URL provided by your development team
- Click “Connect” (blue button)
By default, all approved Touts in your Organization will automatically be pushed through Webhooks. Email email@example.com if you would like only a specific stream of content.